Senior Vice President - Private Wealth
Office: (631) 454-2000
MOBILE: (631) 943-7776
The guidance you need... The service you deserve.
Senior Vice President - Private Wealth
Sal Favarolo is a financial advisor and author with 15 years of experience (Investment Management | Wealth Management) helping clients plan for their children’s education, building and maintaining wealth, and retirement planning. Whether you are just starting to build your wealth or are an experienced investor, Sal’s insights combined with his years of investment experience can help you grow and maintain wealth while giving you financial peace of mind.
Sal has three children: two girls and a boy. His oldest daughter is finishing up her schooling as an RN as well as a volunteer EMT in the local Fire Department, his middle daughter will be studying Biology in the fall 2016, and his youngest son is considering a degree in engineering when he starts college in 2018. Sal is active in charitable endeavors with the Order Sons of Italy in America. He is supportive of many organizations such as Hope For The Warriors, March of Dimes, Cooley’s Anemia, Autism, Gift of Sight, Contractors For Kids, and Spinal Cord Injury to name a few.
Sal is a well-rounded financial advisor. His areas of focus are:
• Small Business Retirement Planning – The Department of Labor has been very active in retirement plan compliance and fiduciary liability. Sal will work with your CPA® / TPA to make sure you are not open to possible fiduciary risks and fines. If you currently do not have a retirement plan in place, Sal is available to help you design one. If you haven’t saved much, Sal can show you IRS approved retirement plans that can shelter more money in a short period of time if your business cash flow allows it. Sal wrote an article that was published in the October 2013 issue of the CPA® Journal entitled: One-Participant 401(k) Plan – Are they more beneficial for small business owners? If you are a sole owner, this retirement plan gives you a lot of bang for your buck so to speak.
• Tax Free Municipal Bonds – Sal began his career working with an institutional fixed income shop specializing in municipal bonds. Sal wrote an article that was published in the Hauppauge Reporter and online at SeekingAlpha.com entitled The #1 Mistake Bond Investors Make Sal can help you build a diversified municipal bond portfolio that can provide you with federal tax exempt income for the rest of your life.
• Fee-Based Investment – Sal works with individuals, families, and businesses managing investments such as individual stocks, bonds, ETFs, and mutual funds on a fee-based relationship. Sal with work with you to create and manage a portfolio based on your specific objectives.
• IRA Rollover – Sal will help you consolidate and manage your IRAs and help you roll over your 401Ks from previous employers if that is in your best interests. Having your IRAs bundled may help you manage them more efficiently in terms of income planning and required distributions when needed.
• Life Insurance – products to provide you with estate, business and retirement planning solutions. Life insurance is an important component of any astute financial plan. Sal can help you arrange new policies or review existing policies to make sure they are performing as originally intended. Mortality tables have been updated and if your policy is 10+ years old, it might make sense to do a no cost, no obligation life review.
• Personal Financial Consulting – Sal also works with clients who wish to receive individualized investment advice on a more limited basis. This may include advice on isolated area(s) of concern such as estate planning, retirement planning, reviewing clients existing portfolio, asset allocation strategies in your 401k, or any other specific topic. Sal can coordinate / work with your CPA®, Tax Advisor, and Attorney or make recommendations to you if requested. This service is available on a per hour basis.
Follow Sal on Twitter @LanternWealth
Connect with Sal on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/favarolo